About Me

My photo
I write novels for teens and adults. Visit me here & on my website http://www.jenniferarcher.net

Sunday, January 08, 2012

What's Old is New Again

I'm excited to report that Samhain Publishing will be re-releasing my romance novel back list soon in ebook format under their new Retro Romance Imprint! First out will be ONCE UPON A DREAM, which was originally published in 2001. This was such a fun book to write. I skimmed through it recently and thought to myself, "Wow, I used to be funny! What happened???" Somehow, my writing has gravitated from humorous to dark. It's true that ONCE UPON A DREAM contains a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor, but it is also emotional. I think that's the consistent element in all of my work -- emotion -- whether the book is a romance, women's mainstream fiction, or young adult.

This is the original cover of ONCE UPON A DREAM. It's funny -- this is the classic historical romance novel "clench," however ONCE UPON A DREAM isn't an historical romance! It's set in 2001. The old West look was used because Alex and Robin, the hero and heroine of the story, share the same dreams which take place during the late 1800's in the Texas Panhandle. 

I'm supposed to see the new cover next week! Can't wait to share.

6 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Very cool. My writing has done the opposite from dark to funny. We need to have lunch sometime soon if you are free. I am a multitude of questions for you and even though you never volunteered for the position I count you as my ace number one mentor. : )

Jennifer Archer said...

I am honored to be considered your number one mentor! I would love to have lunch. I need you to autograph my copy of THE FEEDSTORE CHRONICLES. When are you free??

Leanna Ellis said...

Love that you're re-releasing this! I love your humor! But I also like your dark side. You are multi-faceted. ;)

Leanna Ellis said...

And I forgot to say: multi talented!

Anita Grace Howard said...

Yay! Congrats, Jenny! But I'd like to point out that even your darker YA books still have a witty element to them, though it's isolated to specific side characters in the stories... so you DO still have a sense of humor. Hee

Jennifer Archer said...

Thanks, Le! And Anita,thanks for pointing out that I haven't gone completely to the dark side!