About Me

My photo
I write novels for teens and adults. Visit me here & on my website http://www.jenniferarcher.net

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thoughts from a Teen Writer: Inspiration Part Two

More words of wisdom, and a bit of encouragement from Allison. Hey, girl! Eighteen and already so smart!
___________________

For this internship class, I had to figure out a final product that reflects what I’ve learned about my chosen career. The goal is to bring something into the writing world that others can benefit from. As you can tell from my last post, I get inspiration from different things but I left out a major source: books! I love reading almost everything and I love how some stories will suck me in so deeply that the fictional world seems like reality. These stories resonate inside me for a long time after I’ve finished the story, which is a great indicator that the story was inspirational.

My product is a novella. I hope to give readers inspiration and I wish that my story will be a memorable one. I am about halfway done and this experience has been… challenging, to say the least! No matter what obstacles I’m faced with, however, I seem to get back on track as I write more. So what I guess I’m saying is to never give up. If you really believe in it and yourself, you can end up with something great, no matter what it is.

Allison

1 comment:

Anita said...

Great post, Allison. It's like they always say: readers make the best writers. ;)