Scared you, I bet. Didn’t mean to sneak up on you. Yes, I understand this post is unexpected as I’ve been away, well . . . FOREVER. (Actually since November, 2009.) As I reread my last post, I see that my publisher and I had just confirmed THROUGH HER EYES as the new title of my debut YA novel. Since then, some amazing things have happened in my writing life:
(1) I have a release date! April 5, 2011. That seems like such a long time away, but I have a feeling it will be here before I know what hit me.
(2) I have a cover. A GORGEOUS cover. I think I spent an entire morning staring at it the first time I saw it. What do you think?
(3) I received a big box of ARCS!! (Advanced reading copies.) And soon after they arrived, I started getting requests from many teen bloggers asking if I would send them an ARC of THROUGH HER EYES so that they could review the book. Wow. There are some fantastic teen book blogs out there. How could I refuse? The truth is, I’m thrilled they asked. Now my big box is almost empty!
(4) My website has undergone a makeover. Nothing drastic, just spruced up a bit. It even contains a link to a mini book trailer of THROUGH HER EYES that was made by my friend Emily Greaser, a mega-talented young graphic and motion design artist. Go take a look and let me know what you think. I really love it.
(5) I finished the rough draft of my next book for teens. The title is THE SHADOW GIRL, but of course that’s subject to change. I’m currently rewriting like crazy to get the draft in shape to send to my editor so she can read it and work her magic. But I must admit I’m pretty excited about this story, even though it’s caused me no small amount of frustration at times. There's a good chance I might be bald from tearing my hair out by the time it’s finished, but I *think* (hope!) it’s going to live up to my expectations. Or at the very least, it won't completely suck. ;-)
So, that’s what’s been going on with moi for the past 9 or so months. I’m going to make a real effort to post regularly from this day forward. Yeah, I know; you’ve heard that from me before…