About Me

My photo
I write novels for teens and adults. Visit me here & on my website http://www.jenniferarcher.net

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Don't Faint

Scared you, I bet. Didn’t mean to sneak up on you. Yes, I understand this post is unexpected as I’ve been away, well . . . FOREVER. (Actually since November, 2009.) As I reread my last post, I see that my publisher and I had just confirmed THROUGH HER EYES as the new title of my debut YA novel. Since then, some amazing things have happened in my writing life:

(1) I have a release date! April 5, 2011. That seems like such a long time away, but I have a feeling it will be here before I know what hit me.
(2) I have a cover. A GORGEOUS cover. I think I spent an entire morning staring at it the first time I saw it. What do you think?
(3) I received a big box of ARCS!! (Advanced reading copies.) And soon after they arrived, I started getting requests from many teen bloggers asking if I would send them an ARC of THROUGH HER EYES so that they could review the book. Wow. There are some fantastic teen book blogs out there. How could I refuse? The truth is, I’m thrilled they asked. Now my big box is almost empty!

(4) My website has undergone a makeover. Nothing drastic, just spruced up a bit. It even contains a link to a mini book trailer of THROUGH HER EYES that was made by my friend Emily Greaser, a mega-talented young graphic and motion design artist. Go take a look and let me know what you think. I really love it.
(5) I finished the rough draft of my next book for teens. The title is THE SHADOW GIRL, but of course that’s subject to change. I’m currently rewriting like crazy to get the draft in shape to send to my editor so she can read it and work her magic. But I must admit I’m pretty excited about this story, even though it’s caused me no small amount of frustration at times. There's a good chance I might be bald from tearing my hair out by the time it’s finished, but I *think* (hope!) it’s going to live up to my expectations. Or at the very least, it won't completely suck. ;-)

So, that’s what’s been going on with moi for the past 9 or so months. I’m going to make a real effort to post regularly from this day forward. Yeah, I know; you’ve heard that from me before…

7 comments:

Leanna Ellis said...

Hey! So glad you're blogging! AND even better new books! I can't wait to read your next! The cover is gorgeous! So happy for you!

Blessings,

Leanna

BethDazzled said...

Fabulously delicious cover! Can't wait to read THE--Just realized the the abbreviation for Through Her Eyes is "the". Obviously that won't work. LOL

PS I'm glad I'm not the only one losing hair over a draft right now. :P

Jennifer said...

Hey, Le! Thanks for posting. I wish you would come to Amarillo to do that research you mentioned when we were in D.C. Horses, correct?

Hi BethDazzled! I guess we can start a new bald fad! It can be the new look for all the "cool" writers. :-) Good luck with your draft and thanks for stopping by!

Travis Erwin said...

Glad to see you are back dipping your toes into the blog pool.

Deborah Elliott-Upton said...

Love the cover! Can't wait to read it!

Debra L. Schubert said...

Congrats to you - how exciting!

desperatewriter said...

Beautiful cover, Jenny!