About Me

My photo
I write novels for teens and adults. Visit me here & on my website http://www.jenniferarcher.net

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-Changes!


Change is in the air -- the nip of Autumn, a new president-elect, and a new publishing home for me in a whole new genre! I can finally announce my news! I just sold my Young Adult novel CLICK in a 2-book deal to HarperCollins, and I couldn't be more thrilled! (As evidenced by the many exclamation points on this page!) Today I spoke on the telephone for the very first time with my new editor, Sarah Sevier, a woman with great taste in books. :-) She is also as nice as can be. I'll keep you posted with news about the book as time goes by, but this is my ghost story that I have posted about here in the past.

I ADORE this story, and I LOVE the characters. If this photo of the old house looks familiar, it's because I've posted it here on my blog before. It's the picture I looked at while I wrote the book--because it reminded me of the image in my mind of the "haunted" house in my story. I also listened to some mood music while I wrote--a soundtrack of my book, you might say. I chose the soundtracks to the movies IDENTITY, THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES, and GIRL INTERRUPTED. To the writers reading this--making a soundtrack that fits the tone of your story and listening to it as you write really helps to put you into the scene. And it's fun to do. I use ITunes and buy the songs I want then make a playlist under the heading of my book's title. Give it a try!

I suppose this sale in a different writing genre (and with two different publishers offering on it!)will have to count for my "do something new" challenge for the past couple of weeks since I've been too keyed up to accomplish much lately!

Change is good!

Happy days,

Jenny

www.jenniferarcher.net
www.sterlingpen.net

9 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

A thousand CONGRATS! I can't wait to read it. Any idea on a release time. 09 I hope. Don't tell me I'll have to wait longer than that.

desperatewriter said...

I am THRILLED for you, Jenny! Way to go!

dee said...

Glad you can finally let the cat outta the bag! I can't wait to read it!

Pink Ink said...

Congratulations! Awesome that you have books in different genres, and that you LOVE it.

The house makes me think of the movie Secondhand Lions. So it's a horror story? Cool. I love writing horror fiction, too.

Jennifer said...

Thanks everyone! Pink Ink, CLICK isn't really horror. It has supernatural elements but is really more a troubled girl trying to overcome several difficult life situations. I will post a little about the plot on the blog soon!

Pink Ink said...

Mmm, sounds interesting :-)

anita said...

Congratulations, JENNY!! As you know, I'm so proud of you! But I'm just now making it over here to read your announcement. Shameful.

BTW, that's exactly how I pictured the house in your book! Way to paint with your words, girlie. :-)

Jessica said...

Congratulations!
I love your idea of a playlist. I confess to having an extremely underused ipod. What an awesome idea and so convenient.
I'll have to read some more of your posts to find out about your story.
Anita sent me this way though and told me a blurb. It definitely sounds fascinating! :-)

Britta Coleman said...

Congratulations, Jenny, and so well deserved. Can't wait to see the final product! Shaking pom-poms for you, girl. (But no flips, since I overindulged during the holidays.)