About Me

My photo
I write novels for teens and adults. Visit me here & on my website http://www.jenniferarcher.net

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Toronto is COLD!


Hi People,

Spring has arrived here in the Texas Panhandle, and that means it is warm one day and cold the next. I have a new definition of 'cold' now, though, after my recent trip to Toronto to attend Harlequin's More Than Words ceremony. It snowed during the time my husband and I were there, but we didn't let it put a chill on our good time. Toronto is a great city and the surrounding area is beautiful. Check out my new "Photo" page at www.jenniferarcher.net to see pictures of the ceremony and of our side trip to Niagra Falls.

I met so many great people at the More Than Words event. It was so fun to get to know Aviva Presser (the woman whose charity, Bears Without Borders, is featured in my story "Hannah's Hugs" in the More Than Words anthology.) Aviva is such an inspiring and amazing young woman. In addition to the devoted work she does for children in the world's most impoverished areas through Bears Without Borders, she is a graduate student at MIT. Her husband, Erez, who is as funny as he is friendly, kept us laughing. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the other 4 women who were awarded and honored, as well, and hearing about their charity work. They are all incredible people! I didn't get a chance to talk to the other 4 authors in the anthology as much as I would've liked during all the activity, but Linda Lael Miller, Curtiss Ann Matlock, Sherryl Woods and Kathleen O'Brien were all there and I loved seeing all of them. Check out my website to find out more about the More Than Words project, and to see the book, MORE THAN WORDS, Volume 4, which is available in bookstores now!

Happy Reading,

Jenny

2 comments:

desperatewriter said...

The book is a keeper! Loved it. Glad your tripto Toronto was so special, and that you were able to have such a good time.

Travis Erwin said...

Toronto would be better in July I'm thinking. Glad to see you posting again.